Check out a more detailed description here.
Chuck Palahniuk is best known for Fight Club and Choke. Both huge successes with Fight Club turning into a movie and becoming one of the biggest cult classics of all time. He is one of the most intelligent writers of our time and also one of the most odd. He pays attention to every agonizing detail in every story he tells, and never pulls any punches. Snuff is no different.
Coming in at just around 200 pages, Snuff is a very short read. It follows a porn star by the name of Christie as she tries to set a world record by filming a movie in which she sleeps with 600 men one after another without stop. The book follows the stories of three of these men and the organizer of the event. Chuck doesn't leave out any details and paints a very vivid picture for you which, given the dark and disgusting nature of the majority of this book, could put off some readers. If I told you anymore I would ruin the book for you, so I will go ahead to the Pro/Con section.
- Short, fairly easy to read.
- Amazingly detailed descriptions of sounds, smells, ect.
- Great story, great character definition. None of the main characters fall flat.
- No matter how many times you think you know what the twist is at any given moment you will most likely be wrong. Which makes for a great read.
- A lot of dark humor, which is great if you are into that sort of thing.
- I know I listed it as a Pro but since this is a short book so some readers will have wanted it to be longer.
- Some of the dark, vile things that Chuck writes about and a lot of the dark humor will most definitely scare away and easily offended or weak stomached readers.
Definitely one worth buying and reading more than once. 4 out of 5.
*All Pictures Are Property Of Their Respective Owners.*
EDIT: here is the link to amazon if you want to read part of it and/or buy it. Here.